Answers To Common Questions Regarding Company Transfer In Taiwan

     A lot of questions coming from our valued readers asking if it is legal to seek a new job or transfer to a new employer. In response to this several and the same questions, we did a thorough research and ask an expert on this topic.
While working with my current employer in Taiwan, Am I allowed to seek a new job? 
Yes, everyone has the right to seek a new employer but of course, you will face the consequences.
What are the consequences?
You will pay the break contract fee, and it will be computed according to your remaining months or year of your contract.
Other possible consequences are:
you will be blacklisted by the employer and brokers and also be blacklisted by your agency in the Philippines.
How will I not be blacklisted?
Ask a “Release form” from your current employer. And do the resignation according to company’s rules and regulation.
What is a “Release form”?
It is a clearance used to exit from your current employer.
How important is the Release form?
If you will be selected for the job, you will need this form because if you cannot secure this clearance you will go home and process your documents in the Philippines.
What if my company give me the release form?
Lucky for you, because you can transfer right away to your future employer without spending thousands of pesos.

What if my company did not give the release form?
Well, if you are already a selected applicants, you will obliged to go back to the Philippines for the processing of documents.
Where and how will we process my documents in the Philippines?
Your future employer will hand you over to their corresponding agencies in the Philippines. The procedure and fees will be the same as a contractual.
I have 6 months remaining on my contract, Am I allowed to transfer?
Those OFW who have less than 1 year remaining in their contract are not allowed to transfer or else if they apply and be selected, they will process the documents in the Philippines.
I have 2 months before my contract end, Am I eligible to transfer?
In the labor law, the broker or employer must give  60 days notice prior a contract ends.
The employer must give notice wether an employee will be extended or not. If not, the employee is given 60 days to look for another employer or else he or she will home to the Philippines.

This article serves only as a guide, the accuracy and completeness of details are still in the hands of brokers and other authorities.

Related Posts