1. Must be a member of Taiwan Labor Insurance
2. You can benefit if the following relatives die
– Father, Mother
3. Must complete the documentary requirements of Taiwan Labor Insurance.
What are Documents needed?
1. Three (3) photocopies of Employment Labor contract, duly certified by the MECO-Labor Affairs.
2. Three (3) photocopies of ARC duly authenticated by MECO.
3. Three (3) photocopies of thirty-two (32) pages of worker’s passport duly authenticated by MECO.
4. Have a power of Attorney notarized, authorizing a representative who will process in the Philippines.
5. Send these documents to your authorized representative in the Philippines.
MECO-Labor Affairs in Taiwan:
1. Work/Employment Contract – 3 photocopies to be certified by MECO-Labor Affairs.
2. Send this documents to your authorized representative in the Philippines.
In the Philippines: Your representative will process the following:
– All documents mentioned (1&2) below in three (3) sets each must be secured from NSO Manila, translated to Chinese and authenticated by DFA and Malacañang.
A. Death Certificate of Deceased parents, spouse or child
B. Proof of consanguinity of affinity, either one or all of the following:
-Birth Certificate of deceased parent, spouse, child
-Birth Certificate of claimant
-Marriage Certificate of claimant
-Marriage Certificate of deceased parent
C. Deceased identification card such as: senior citizen card/ SSS/TIN/ or voter’s ID, etc.
Note: All above-mentioned documents must be submitted to TECO-Manila for FINAL AUTHENTICATION.
What is the procedure in TECO-Manila?
A. Fill up application form completely
B. Attach all documents indicated above, duly authenticated by the respective offices as mentioned above.
C. TECO will authenticate all the documents.
– The processing days is 5-15 days working days
– Filing time is between 8:45-11:30 am only
– Releasing time 1:30- 4:30 pm only
– Authentication fee is Php 800
TECO-Manila will return all authenticated documents to your representative in the Philippines and your authorized representative will send all the duly authenticated documents to you for you to process in Taiwan.
Now, the worker or claimants shall pass all the documents to their respective Company/HR. The Company will pass all your documents to the Labor Insurance of Taiwan.
The processing days in Taiwan will be 15 days after your Employer send all the documents to the Labor Insurance.
How much will be claimed?
1. Death of Parents, Spouse – 3 months salary
2. Death of Child (at least 12 years old) – 2.5 months salary
3. Death of Child (below 12 years old) – 1.5 months salary
Offices and addresses:
Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO)
Address: 11/F, No. 176 Chang Chun Road, Chung-Shan District, Taipei 10479, Taiwan.
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO)
Address: 41F, Tower 1, RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1200 Metro Manila, Philippines
National Statistic Office (NSO)
Address: Vibal Building, Times Street corner Epifanio de Los Santos Avenue, West Triangle, Quezon City 1104
Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA)
Address: 2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Philippines
Address: San Miguel, Manila