Disability and Dismemberment
A member is entitled to disability / dismemberment benefit of up to Php 100,000.00 for injuries sustained due to accident while working abroad.
What are the requirements?
|Checklist of Requirements||Where to Secure|
|OFW Membership Record (MR)||OWWA RWO|
|Copy of Passport or Seaman’s Identification Record Book (SIRB) of the OFW – Member||MARINA|
|Foreign Medical Certificate with English Translation||OWWA- POLO|
|Medical Certificate (with indicated procedure of the medical examination / procedure of the doctor in Philippines)||Competent medical practitioner from legitimate medical institution / facility|
|Accident Report and / or Master’s Report (for seafarer)||Employer|
|One (1) copy of 1×1 picture||OFW member|
|If claimant is not OFW, submit Authorization Letter with I.D. of OFW||OFW’s authorized claimant|
|At least one (1) valid I.D. of authorized claimant||OFW’s authorized claimant|
How to avail the service?
- Visit the OWWA Regional Welfare Office that covers the permanent address of the OFW.
- Get priority number (ticket), please wait to be accommodated.
- Present OFW I.D. or info to the Membership Verification Desk, based on status of membership obtain application form and checklist of requirements.
- Submit accomplished claim form and required documents for validation / evaluation.
- For approved applications, proceed to present claim stub and claim financial assistance through check or cash pay-out.