Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
A scholarship grant to qualified dependents of OFWs consisting of a maximum of Php 60,000.00 per school year until the completion of baccalaureate course (4-5 years). For incoming freshmen, the selection of scholars is determined through the DOST national examinations. Only the top 400 passers are considered for entry as freshmen; 600 slots are for those who are already enrolled in college.
Who are qualified?
A child of an active OWWA member or a sibling of a single active OWWA member who is:
1. Incoming Senior High School (Grade 12)
-must have at least 80% General Weighted Average (GWA) without failing grades upon application
-passed the qualifying examination to be conducted by DOST and belongs to the top 400 passers nationwide
2. Incoming Freshmen (1st year college)
-Grade 11 graduate (Incoming Grade 12 / currently enrolled as Grade 12)
-Not more than 21 years old
-With a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 80% or higher. If required GWA is not yet available at the time of filing of application, the academic performance of the applicant in the two consecutive preceding school year shall be used as basis for evaluation
-Belonging to the top 400 qualifiers of the Department of Science and Technology national qualifying exam
3. For those who are already enrolled in 2nd year to 5th year in college
-Not more than 30 years old
-With a GWA not lower than B letter grade or 85% equivalence in all academic and non-academic subjects during the last school year attended in full load
Note: Applicant is not a recipient of any OWWA or other scholarship grant
What are the requirements?
|Checklist of Requirements||Where to Secure|
|Scholarship Application Form||OWWA RWO|
|OFW Membership Record||OWWA RWO|
|2pcs. I.D. Picture with Name Tag||Applicant|
|At least one (1) valid I.D. of the OFW and/or the Authorized Representative||Government Issued or Company Issued I.D.|
|Proof of Relationship to OFW Member i.e. Birth Certificate from PSA or LCR
||Philippine Statistics Authority or
Local Civil Registrar
|Dependent’s Form 137 / Certified True Copy of Form 138 / Transcript of Records (TOR)
|For Incoming 1st Year College, Notice from RWOs of qualifying the DOST-OWWA
Pre-Qualifying Examination for EDSP
|Other Special Requirements:
How to avail the service?
- Visit the OWWA Regional Welfare Office that covers the permanent address of the OFW.
- Get queuing number or queue in the line for EDSP scholarship application
- Present the I.D. of OFW member together with the requirements to the Membership Verification Desk
- Obtain Notice of Award and Schedule of Scholarship Orientation validation / evaluation.
- Attend Scholarship Orientation and Facilitate Notarization of Scholarship Agreement